With a new year comes a new opportunity to elevate your cocktail-making skills. Need some help on how to do that? Pinnacle® Original Vodka has a clean, fresh taste perfect for enhancing any Bloody Mary. For additional ways to pump up your cocktail, Pinnacle has enlisted Beam Suntory Master Mixologist Bobby Gleason to provide tips on how to become “the” bartender of your social circle.
Try out Bobby’s simple tricks that will allow your friends to enjoy a Bloody Mary of their choice:
· Step up the garnish game – These days it’s go big or go home when it comes to garnishes. Guarantee your guests a good time by providing a variety of tasteful additions to customize their Bloody Mary.
o Forget about the stir stick and take a note from history where a celery stick was first used to mix in the 1950s. No need to stop with celery, feel free to use a carrot stick or cheese stick to stir before sipping.
o Want to take it to the next level? Add mini pancakes for a brunchy Bloody Mary.
o Love the lunch part of brunch more? A mini grilled cheese or slider on a skewer is the best bet to enhance your Bloody Mary with a snack.
· Add a splash of something new – Switch up your cocktail with Bobby’s homemade Bloody Mary mix (recipe below). Making your own adds a fresh element to your drink and gives you the power to make it how you want. A true trick to a refreshing libation is adding any combo of herbs like basil, cilantro, chives or sage. When it comes to the sauce Worchester is king!
· Kick it up –Turn up the heat, throw in some hot sauce or wasabi along with a delicious rimmer. Whether it’s chili pepper spice with shredded parmesan cheese or a tajin rim, you’ll add a punch of flavor. Use that lemon wedge for more than just garnish and rub it along the rim before rolling your glass in your spice of choice for a real kick.
- 1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- 2 parts tomato juice
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash horseradish
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Preparation: Shake all ingredients, then add celery and other toppings.
Bobby G’s Bloody Mary Mix *
· 32 parts tomato juice
· ¼ part kosher salt
· ¼ part fresh course ground pepper
· 1 ½ parts Worcestershire Sauce
· ¼ part hot sauce
· Adjust after to taste
Preparation: Combine all ingredients and adjust after taste to enjoy.
*Mix recipe serves 14
Bobby G’s Bloody Mary
· 1 ½ parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
· 3 parts Bobby G’s Bloody Mary Mix
· Garnishes of your choice
Preparation: Fill a glass with ice and add ingredients in order. Garnish with toppings of your choice.