Monday, January 30, 2012

My 'Watch What Happens Live' Experience!

Last night, Sunday 1/29/12, I was SO lucky to experience
Watch What Happens Live for myself as part of Andy Cohen's
Clubhouse audience.


When we first arrived, we were greeted by a bar and served cocktails immediately - woo to the hoo!
(I had a Skinnygirl Margarita of course! ;o)


The 15-person audience mingled with their drinks while we waited to be brought into the studio Clubhouse for the taping of WWHL.


We walked through a large office space and through a couple corridors and then
- BAM! -
we were in the Clubhouse.


Walking into the Clubhouse was surreal... it looks just like it does on TV except miniature. I was really surprised how small the studio actually is.


There is one taped show a week and I was in the audience for this Tuesday's episode featuring the funny ladies of Saturday Night Live:
Abby Elliott, Nasim Pedrad, and Vanessa Bayer.


The ladies of SNL were very funny. They all played "Plead The Fifth" but their answers weren't that exciting. The game of the night, however, was hilarious and their impersonations were hysterical.

When asked what shows they watched on Bravo, the ladies said
The Real Housewives and I yelled "woooo!"... so listen for that tomorrow night ;) haha


Overall, it really was a delightfully fun experience and the studio was beyond tiny yet, as always, Andy's personality makes the show larger than life.


-----------------------------------------------

How it all happened:
To get the tickets: I kept checking BravoTV.com's WWHL website and, about a week before Andy went five nights a week, there was a link to "Apply For Tickets" and I did immediately. It has since disappeared from the site, though.

To get a picture with Andy: When he came through the audience and introduced himself and told us to have fun, he asked if anyone had any questions. Some people asked a few questions and then there was a lull and I yelled out "Can I take a picture with you!?" He graciously did :)

Any more questions, leave em in the comments or

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome and I am painfully jealous. I just wrote a post on my blog about how much I love Andy Cohen (http://broadcouching.com/2012/10/26/andy-cohen-is-my-mazel-of-the-day-and-of-my-heart/)and someone connected me to this! Mazel on your visit to the clubhouse!

Just Bookin' Around said...

Jealous! Loved your post, thanks for sharing!!