Sunday, May 27, 2012

Revel presents BEYONCE...

On Friday night, May 25th, I was in the audience for Beyonce's very first post-baby concert in Atlantic City, NJ and it was literally the BEST concert I've ever been to in my entire life. And that includes seeing Queen Bey front row in August.

The amount of energy Beyonce had was incredible and her voice sounded stronger and better than ever. She is SO talented and performed ALL of her hits and then some!


The power of her voice was out of control, and Beyonce gave it her all and sang from her soul the entire night. She barely left the stage and sang for almost 2 hours straight in front of a sold-out audience of 5,050 people in Revel's Ovation Hall.








From the first song, "End Of Time," Beyonce brought such unbelievable power and excitement to each and every performance. "Love On Top" blew me through the roof and "Baby Boy" and "Crazy In Love" were thrilling throwbacks. Beyonce danced sexily during "Dance For You" and got her rock&roll on for "I Care." The 4 bonus track "Schoolin Life" was a great surprise, and Beyonce sitting on top of a piano singing "1+1" was soulful and sweet. 


Only at her exclusive Live at Wynn shows in Vegas did Beyonce ever perform "Resentment," but she brought back her "favorite song" for this 4-night engagement in AC.


I loved that Beyonce incorporated the Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris" into "If I Were A Boy," and it was really great to hear Bey take on Lauryn Hill's "Ex-Factor."


"Flaws & All" was phenomenal and dedicated to her fans, and Beyonce really had a good time with "Countdown" and "Run The World (Girls)."


I about lost my shit when Beyonce performed "Why Don't You Love Me?" and then I REALLY lost my mind when Bey covered part of the late Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" with "Halo"... ah!


Bey sang hit after hit, and I'm shocked to say that I am HAPPY she only did 1 Destiny's Child snippet ("Jumpin, Jumpin"). I looooove DC but that medley always takes up so much time, so I was happy that no time was wasted on the old classics.


The audience was on their feet the whole night and the energy was through the roof!


Watch my exclusive video of King B's opening number below:


No comments: