Holy guacamole! National Guacamole Day is September 16th and Sauza Tequila is giving thanks for the delightfully delicious super food with a “Good to be Green” avocado cocktail and a side of mouth-watering, Artichoke Guacamole with Toasted Pine Nuts.
Fun facts about our favorite fruit:
- Avocados have been cultivated for more than 10,000 years
- Avocados pack even more potassium than a banana!
- Nearly 105 million pounds of avocados were consumed during the 2014 Super Bowl – bring on the guac!
Good to be Green
· 1 ½ parts Sauza® Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
· 2 parts limeade concentrate
· ½ parts triple sec
· ½ ripe avocado, chopped
· ½ cups ice
· Avocado slice for garnish
Preparation: Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve in a salt rimmed glass. Add an avocado slice for garnish. Enjoy!
Artichoke Guacamole with Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. finely chopped white onion
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño or Serrano chilies (Optional: remove seeds and membranes)
- ½ tsp. teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 small plum tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chili, and ½ teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth.
- Add 1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts chopped with ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts and stir.
- Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chili into the mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Serve with warm corn tortilla chips.
**Makes 4 Servings