- Bethenny (Getting Married?/Ever After)
- RHoNYC: The Real Housewives of New York City
- RHoBH: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
- RHoA: The Real Housewives of Atlanta
- RHoNJ: The Real Housewives of New Jersey
- RHoOC: The Real Housewives of Orange County
- RHoP: The Real Housewives of Potomac
- International Real Housewives Franchises
- RHoDC/RHoMIA: The Real Housewives of DC / The Real Housewives of Miami
- Andy Cohen
Friday, May 23, 2008
Former 'Dreamgirl' to be the first Black Disney princess!
While this may be old news to some, it was definitely exciting and new to me!
It has been announced that Anika Noni Rose, former 'Dreamgirl', will star as the FIRST African-American Disney princess!!
Titled The Princess and the Frog, Anika is the voice of animated Tiana, a young woman growing up in New Orleans during the Jazz Age of the 1920s. Her mother will be voiced by Angela Bassett, and the staple of a Disney princess film, the fairy godmother-type character, will be voiced by the legendary Jennifer Lewis.
The 2-D animated film is due in theaters Christmas 2009, so we have a ways to go, but I am still very excited to see how this turns out. It's about damn time, that's all I have to say! Haha.
But really, for me being a 20-year-old dude, this is pretty exciting stuff. The first Black Disney princess, former Dreamgirls star, and former Girlfriends guest star all make me a very happy boy :)
Stay tuned to Oh Hell Yes! for more on this as news becomes available...
at 5:00 PM