Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jill Marie Jones answers survey


>>>
Jill Marie Jones, who stars in "The Perfect Holiday."
Book I’m reading: "The Measure of a Man" by Sidney Poitier

Total number of books I own:
About 80... 50 or so novels

Three books that mean a lot to me:
"Flowers in the Attic" V.C. Andrews (This is when I fell in love with reading. I was around 12, and my mom would’ve died if she knew I was reading a book with such adult content... I loved it!)
"The Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan. I loved the stories of these women and their daughters; I learned so much about myself reading this book and I called my mom after and told her how much I love her and we sobbed for hours. It was great.
"My Life" by Bill Clinton

Last film I saw:
"American Gangster," directed by Ridley Scott

Three films that mean a lot to me:
"Imitation of Life," directed by Douglas Sirk. Although the original with Claudette Colbert (1934) is great, I prefer the Lana Turner 1959 version... I love it! It’s my favorite movie of all time!
"Scarface," directed by Brian De Palma
"The Color Purple," directed by Steven Spielberg
Ok... and my fourth is "Pillow Talk," directed by Michael Gordon *

Who do you think is the best actor in Hollywood at the moment? (male or female)
Cate Blanchett

Who do you think was the brightest star of the silver screen?
It’s hard to pick one, but I’ve always loved Bette Davis

Who do you look to for inspiration?
My mother- she’s not in the business but she knows how to raise a good kid

Three songs that mean a lot to me:
"All the Way," Frank Sinatra. Favorite song ever (would dance to it at my wedding)
"Lost Without You," Robin Thicke. Beautiful love song from a man to his woman.
Anything by Tracy Chapman

Concert that changed your life:
New Edition. I don’t know if it changed my life, but it started a huge crush that lasted way too long *

Guilty pleasures
* TV: "I Love New York"
* Film: sappy romantic comedies
* Reading material: at the airport I do enjoy buying Harlequin novels
*Web sites: Youtube
* YouTube video: Dick in a Box

Best hangover remedy?
A Corona first thing in the morning.

What's the biggest upside of the Internet and what is its biggest downside?
Upside: information is in abundance/ everything at your fingertips
Downside: no one picks up the phone and talks anymore (more impersonal)

What advice would you give to someone trying to break into your profession?
First of all, I would say be very clear on what you want in this business and push forward; and I also believe that from Joe Schmo to Brad Pitt, training is important so study study study...

What helps you get out of bed in the morning?:
Someone I deem wise told me once there are two reasons why one gets out of bed in the morning: something or someone to love, and aspiration... and I believe that

Who was your celebrity crush growing up?
Prince

What’s more dangerous: a mountain lion or a bitter ex?
I would have to say a mountain lion because I don’t have any bitter exes- I’m friendly with all my exes... I think it’s crazy to share so much of yourself and time with someone and all of a sudden you wake up one day and it’s like all that time never existed.

Would you rather see a Lakers game next to Jack Nicholson or a Knicks game next to Spike Lee?
Although I love LA, I would have to say the Knicks- one of my best friends of over 20 years played for the Knicks for several seasons, and c’mon it’s Spike Lee...

What is the single worst purchase you’ve made in the past year?
I’m not a girly- girl when it comes to shopping, but the lovely people at Barneys sweet talked me into a Barney’s charge card...SO bad *

Five people who I'd like to see answer this survey:
Barack Obama
Sidney Poitier
Common
Prince
Terrence Howard
<<< [Source]

No comments: