Friday, September 19, 2008

Keesha Sharp addresses end of 'Girlfriends'


As the writer’s strike came to an end, so did the abrupt end to one of the most successful sitcoms of all time. After enduring years of waning publicity, a switch to a new network and the departure of a major character, GIRLFRIENDS entertained and encouraged audiences for almost 8 seasons. Without a series finale planned, Keesha decided to address all of you with a personal message about the end of GIRLFRIENDS:

From Keesha:
“As a fan of GIRLFRIENDS, I was very saddened by the news that the world would never get to see closure for one of the most important television programs of our time: a show with African American women as the driving force.

As a cast member, I will very much miss playing Monica and all of the changes she has gone through for 6 seasons.

As I prepare for life after GIRLFRIENDS, excited for what God has planned for me, I want to thank all of you for your loving support. YOU made GIRLFRIENDS the success that it was and I hope to see you again really soon as an intriguing new character.

Officially I also wanted to give a big thanks to the creators, producers, cast, writers and crew. It has been a great experience to work with all of you! God Bless You!”
[Source]

No comments: