To celebrate, Sauza Tequila will be promoting a Pitcher Perfect Picture campaign, which will uncover the art of taking the "pitcher-perfect" picture. Everyone is encouraged to mix up a pitcher of margaritas and snap & share using the #SauzaPitcherPics hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Here are some interesting stats related to Sauza's Pitcher Perfect campaign, which starts today:
- More than half (51 percent) of cocktail drinkers in America who are active on social media are eager to snap photos of their drinks and share them with friends and family. It completes the experience!
- Margaritas are the most popular cocktails to order in pitcher form with friends (80 percent) compared to other drinks like daiquiris (53%) or sangria (49%). Margaritas also reign supreme on social—almost two in three social media users (65 percent) are more likely to share a photo of a margarita than any other cocktail.
- People are far more likely to share a cocktail photo to record or celebrate an occasion (63 percent) than to make others jealous (14 percent); however, more than twice as many men as women (20 percent vs. 9 percent) admit their motivation is to evoke envy amongst their friends or followers.
- Nearly a quarter (22 percent) of cocktail paparazzi have played the role of “photo editor” by rearranging the table setting or lighting, forbidding friends to take a sip or ordering garnishes to make the drink look more appealing.
- Nearly three times as many respondents say they post cocktail photos to recommend the drink to their friends or followers (39 percent) rather than show off (14 percent).
- Americans are most likely to “favorite” or “like” a cocktail photo on social media because it looks appetizing (29 percent) or is being enjoyed by the people in the picture (22 percent), rather than if the description sounds appealing (10 percent).
Say tuned to Oh Hell Yes! this weekend for more #SauzaPitcherPics!