Setting - and keeping - a New Year’s resolution may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. As you ring in 2016, set yourself up for success with a resolution you’ll be inspired to keep for the long haul. The original Skinnygirl® Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl® Cocktails have compiled simple resolution tips along with easy low-cal cocktail recipes for toasting a new year and a new you!
· Make it realistic – Choose one resolution and make it specific. For example, instead of saying you’ll exercise more, resolve to go to the gym at least once a week. And if you can’t make it to the gym, don’t be hard on yourself. Fit in your workout whenever you can, like a yoga video at home.
· Write it down – Put your resolution in writing. For added motivation, post it on social media and enlist your friends for encouragement.
· Set a date – Give yourself a deadline, and set mini-goals throughout to track your progress.
· Don’t get discouraged – Not everything goes as planned, and sometimes things take longer than expected. Say yes to yourself, and embrace the setbacks as a reminder to stick to your guns!
· Just go for it – Don’t be desperate or obsessive in achieving your goals, but make sure you’re passionate about it. Want it, and don’t be deterred from going out and getting it.
· Reward yourself – Everyone needs an incentive! Celebrate when a mini-goal is reached, and treat yourself to something special (like a glass of Skinnygirl® Pinot Noir) once you’ve completed your resolution.
· 1 part Skinnygirl® Cucumber Vodka
· ½ part vermouth
· ½ part lime juice
· Cucumber slices, thinly sliced
· Splash of seltzer
Preparation: Muddle thinly sliced cucumbers in a glass with lime juice. Add ice and pour in Skinnygirl® Cucumber Vodka and vermouth. Top with seltzer.
Pink Lemon Ball Drop
· 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
· ½ part DeKuyper® Triple Sec
· ½ part fresh lime juice
· ½ part simple syrup
· 2-4 fresh or frozen raspberries
· Lemon wheel for garnish
Preparation: Muddle raspberries in a cocktail shaker. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel on the rim.